My name is Pomegranate! Wisdom Panel guesses me to be a 50% German Shepard, 25% American staffordshire terrier, 12% boxer, 12% bulldog mix. I am about 17 weeks old. I currently weigh about 23 lbs. Here's a little bit about me!
- I'm a smart, people oriented pup who really takes quickly to training, new activities, and toys
- I love training! I already know sit, down, stay (wait), touch, let's go, and is getting shake (handshake). People say I'm very smart and learn commands quickly.
- I am mostly housebroken, but still have the occasional accident inside. When I am taken out frequently on a good schedule I do well and can hold it for 3 hrs during the day and 4 at night.
- While at first I didn't like my crate at all, I've gotten much better about going in there overnight (although right now since I'm still a pup I like to be in the bedroom where I can people sleeping), and I only have to go out 2-3 times to go to the bathroom (age appropriate). During the day, I have not been crate trained although my folks have been working with me and I've been making improvements with crate games with treats, feeding my meals in crate, giving me Kongs there.
- I'm pretty good on leash meeting new dogs, but does sometimes bark out of excitement/playfulness to meet them. On a handful of occasions where we I've been off leash in a fenced in area for play dates I can be pretty consistently vocal. I'm still learning how to play with other dogs!
- I'm not sure how I feel about cats but I've seen 2-3 on walks or in a neighbors apartment and I didn't seem to really notice them.
- I've only met kids briefly on walks, but I have greeted them nicely and am very happy to see them. I'm very gentle with them, even if they are a little more rough or playful. I've only met kiddos for very short interactions.
- I have a good amount of energy, even for a puppy, and I definitely need a good amount of play and exercise. I’d love a backyard to chase tennis balls in!
- I looooove toys (especially with squeekers), and tennis balls! I also love batting around icecubes and chasing after them.
- I'm highly food motivated (did someone says TREATS?!?!)
- Like most pups, I like to interact with the world with my mouth - I still mouth/nip while playing, but I can be distracted and redirected with a fun toy!
- I can be a vocal girl when I hear things outside of my home, so an apartment setting would not be ideal for me
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.