Cloughoughter Castle is a teenaged buckaroo with a gorgeous golden-red coat. He weighs 44.7 lbs and will probably gain a few more pounds. One pronunciation of "Cloughoughter" is "Cluck Outer."
Here are some of his qualities:
- Loves being petted, rubbed, towel-dried, and massaged
- Excited to play with a human or by himself
- Likes the other dog in his foster home, and lets her have her way
- Loves performing tasks and assignments ("watch me," "find it," "run run")
- Cannot stop bouncing around like a Mexican Jumping Bean
- Will sit to accept treats and, fleetingly, for meals
- Makes good eye contact (communicates) with his handler
- Walks and runs on-leash without pulling
- ...but zig-zags and doesn't like to be pulled by the neck
- Requires crate rest at regular intervals throughout the day
- Sleeps quietly in his crate for eight-to-nine hours at night
Cloughoughter Castle is in the doggie version of the teenager stage. He is approximately one year old. Teenaged dogs depend on us humans to give them structure, training, and patient care. Cloughoughter Castle is worth every drop of effort - he is smart, loving, and wants to please. Cloughoughter travelled from Tennessee to the Washington D.C. metro area as part of the Irish Castle theme for March, 2021.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.