Howdy!👋🐾 My name is Crabbe. I'm 4 years old, and I’m guessed to be a hound mix. My foster mom describes me as super cute and gentle, with a wild side!😉 I have a tracking howl for when I’m on a “mission” outside, which is my most favorite thing to be doing!! 🗺 (and is a sure-fire sign of my hound dna 🤣) The only other time I bark is when I’m in my crate and know my people are still in the house but aren’t in the room with me. Other than that, I’m a quiet boy inside! I currently weigh about 38lbs and I’m a great eater…food and treats 😋 (I’ve especially enjoyed the smorgasbord of cicadas this last few weeks, showing my foster mom that I have a stomach of steel!) I have short little legs, with super unique colorings/markings, so I’m affectionately referred to as a low-rider 😎 Some of the other things that you should know about me include:
- I love other dogs (I have four furry sisters in my foster home ranging from 15lbs to 45lbs), and we all play well together outside 🐶 I have met male dogs at different events and we get along just fine, but I have never lived with a male dog while in foster care.
- I love all people, to include children, no shyness with this guy 😁 (but have not lived with children while in foster care).
- I know the “sit” command, and will do just about anything for treats, so learning tricks will just take time and patience with me 🤗
- I’m crate trained…I sleep through the night in my crate, snoring as soon as the lights go out 😴
- I love car rides 🚘, but car rides don’t necessarily love me (as I’ve gotten car sick in the past on longer trips).
- I love to go for walks, exploring outside is one of my most favorite things to do, but I do need to work on not pulling so much. (A harness with a clip in front, at my chest, would work best for me.)
- I’m a typical hound dog, so when I’m outside off-leash I sometimes have a one-track mind when it comes to sniffing and following my nose 🤷♂️ (i.,e., high prey drive, and sometimes it takes me a while to listen). I need someone who will work with me on recall, and I would do best in a forever home without cats!!
- With that said, I would also do best in a forever home that has a fenced-in backyard!!
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.