Hi! My name is Lumos and I'm guessed to be a one year old Lab mix. I'm a sweet boy and I currently weigh about 50 lbs.
Click here to see me in OPH Rescue’s care!
Did you know? I am…
- crate trained
- know basic commands (sit, down, stay, come but stay and come are not strong.
- good with other dogs if the other dogs like to play. He can come on strong and insists on playing even if the dog has shown him they do not want to play.
- good at sharing and loves playing with other dogs more than anything else (well, except for hunting squirrels, maybe)
- has a ton of energy
- generally likes to mouth with other dogs or play tug. He is fine with small dogs if they have the same energy level.
- sleepy-head in the morning and loves belly rubs and cuddles at that time.
- very sensitive to his environment and needs a lot of mental and physical engagement
- gets overstimulated/over-threshold on walks in the city because all of the people, dogs, rats/squirrels, scooters, bikes, runners, cars and trucks around.
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Davidsonville, MD for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Davidsonville.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.