Energy Level 3 - Enjoys walks, mental stimulation, and some playtime.
Callery Pear AKA Fudge is an incredibly sweet and adorable black and tan scruffy, Dachshund-terrier who is about 1 year old and 23lbs.
Callery Pear is a sweet, young, silly boy who loves to play and cuddle. Like most terriers, he is a bright and inquisitive soul, enjoys sniffing the yard and chasing birds and squirrels 🐦 🐿.
Like most young dogs, Callery Pear thrives in structured enviroments. He is looking for someone to focus their time on him. An ideal home would look like: teenaged children/no children, only pet in home, time to play, time for cuddles, and providing structure in his life. This little guy is a sweet boy who needs a friendly and firm parent who will take him to basic obedience training and focus his/her time on him.
While he knows basic commands such as "sit", his name, "come", and "crate", he is at the perfect age to expand on these training foundations. He has not had any formal dog obedience training and would benefit from group classes with his parent or family.
Callery Pear is one of his foster mommy's favorite fosters 💕-- if she had room for another, he would never leave.
If you're looking for a dog with a sweet and sunny disposition who is house and crate trained, look no further, Callery Pear is your boy!
Watch videos of CP here:
- best in a home with older children (teenaged) due to reported history of resource guarding over food/toys, and things he should not have (examples given food/plastic, trash). Will trade items for treats!! Behavior not observed in foster home!!
- house/crate trained
- perfect size for apartment or single family home
- friendly with other dogs, but would do best being the only dog in home, or dogs similar age and playful.
- excellent leash manners and does well on hikes
- LOVES squeaky toys and is very food driven
- playful, silly, and loving
- typical terrier--chases squirrels, birds, and cats
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Davidsonville, MD for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Davidsonville.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.