Energy Level 3 - Enjoys walks, mental stimulation, and some playtime.
Hi! My name is Leroy Jenkins!
I'm a sweet boy that is guessed to be an Australian Shepherd Mix, around 1.5 - 2 years old, and weigh about 65 lbs.
Since I am a larger breed and a higher energy breed I am taking a little bit longer to mature. I'd love a family that is familiar with Australian Shepherds and can work with me on my training! I am very playful and sometimes don't realize how big I am! When I'm having fun and playing with a toy, I romp around like a 10 lb puppy.
I am super curious about everything that is going on in the house and want to be in on all the action. Sometimes my foster mom calls me a Velcro dog! I need to be close to my people or engaged in something that holds my attention. If I wander away, I may become mischievous.
However, I am trying my best to learn the house rules!
- I am really good at doing my business outside
- I'm learning about leaving the kitchen counter alone and leaving the shoes alone
- I like to go into my crate to have nap time
- I am learning I should chew on my toys - my favorites are stuffed animals with squeakers, tug ropes and antlers
- I love food puzzles and this gives me much needed mental stimulation
- I know sit and down
- I am working on leave it
- Please no dog parks for me, however if there are other dogs in the home I should do well with slow intros
- I can jump very high, so please always make sure to monitor me in the yard if you do have a fenced in yard
Lastly, I may be shy around new people and want to make sure that my people are not in danger. This includes people I see on walks or that go past the yard, so I need an adopter that is prepared to help redirect me and strong enough to hold onto the leash when out and about!
I am in search of my new forever family! Apply today to meet me and find out if that's you!
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Davidsonville, MD for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Davidsonville.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.