Hi! Welcome to my page!
My name is Whiskey! I am about 1 year old, Shepherd x Hound Mix, and weigh about 51 lbs. I'm such a sweet boy and will instantly love you, especially if you give good belly rubs!
Get to know me:
- I am housebroken
- I am working on crate training
- I know sit (voice and hand signal), down, and paw
- I am still working on stay and come commands, but I am a quick learner
- I am good with other dogs
- I need a home with older children
- I am a total sweetheart
- I like to cuddle on the couch
- I love to go for long walks, bonus I am a pretty good leash walker (unless I see a location like the park where I really want to go)
My current foster thinks I'm the best! I behave in the house, and even sat nicely (on her lap) while she gave me a nail trim.
Apply to adopt me today!
This dog tested positive for heartworm disease before arriving to the rescue. The disease was treated while in foster care. Heartworm disease is transmitted to a dog through a bite from an infected mosquito. With monthly preventatives, the disease is completely preventable. Read about heartworm disease here: Read more about heartworm disease here here
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Davidsonville, MD for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Davidsonville.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.