Energy Level 3 - Enjoys walks, mental stimulation, and some playtime.
Hi! I'm Gobi….named after the Gobi Desert.
Check out my ears, aren't they amazing!? I can hear just about everything! I'm a very sweet and energetic pup. I am guessed to be about 5mos old, weigh about 30 lbs now, and am a Hound mix . My foster mom thinks I have some cattle dog in me due to the coloring on my face and feet. I am an active pup so I would do well with an active adopter who will keep me busy….take me on walks/runs and hikes and teach me new commands.
I just arrived but so far in my foster home, I am…
- very friendly and playful with dogs and humans
- food motivated. Since I'm food motivated you can use that to your advantage when training me.
- quiet in the crate
- a bundle of love, and I would love to be your hiking buddy and then cuddle up with you on the couch
- like watching geese, it's like my own personal TV
- I will make you smile with my puppy-like movements
- VERY playful…I am still a puppy after all! Since I’m so playful I would be best with kids over 12 years old
- I am sure to grow into my paws; I might get to be 55+ pounds
- learning commands….starting with “sit”.
- I have an amazing recall
- happy to meet all people...even giving some hugs and kisses
My foster momma says I have pretty good house manners and am doing well with my potty training.
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Ashland, VA for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Ashland.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.