Energy Level 3 - Enjoys walks, mental stimulation, and some playtime.
Hi, I am Daxton!
I am a happy and friendly 6-8 month-old pup. I weigh about 50 pounds but will be pretty big when I grow up.
One thing you should know about me is that I am very smart and will do anything for a treat!
Here are some other things:
- I love my people friends
- I am dog friendly (but I would do best with dogs that aren't super hyper)
- I am great on a leash
- I've been doing great with crate training
- I learn commands quickly - I learned 'touch' and 'sit' in just one session
- I love the kids that I met ages 2- 8 - I was gentle with them!
- I have not had any potty accidents in foster care
- I am a little too interested in the cat, so please no cats in the home
- I don't seem to care about the chickens (yet)
I am looking for my furever home! Apply to adopt me today!
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Ashland, VA for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Ashland.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.