My name is Able and I came to OPH on the 11/10 transport. I’m guessed to be a Lab Mixed breed. I am estimated to be about 11 months old and currently weigh approximately 50 lbs. I haven't been in foster care long, but I have already charmed foster mom with my sweet and gentle ways.
- I LOVE being with people I know and greet my foster family with a big smile and tail wags
- I am slow to trust new people and warm up to women more quickly than men
- I like getting pets and giving soft kisses.
- I am affectionate and like to please
- I like playing with toys of all kinds
- I enjoy running outside and playing with other dogs. My foster home has two other dogs and we have a great time together.
- I am up for anything, but when foster mom has to work I am happy to nap on the sofa (I really like the sofa)
- I like going for walks in the neighborhood and am doing well on a leash
- I enjoy living in a home and have done a great job learning rules
- The crate was not my favorite place, but I now go in readily at bedtime and sleep quietly all night.
- I have been doing a great job going potty outside
Able will make a great companion for anyone looking for a loving addition to their home. He just needs little patience until he is comfortable and love so he can thrive.
I'm in search of my new family. Is that with you! If so apply today! I won’t be available long!
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Ashland, VA for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Ashland.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.