Hi everyone! My name is Annie Oakley and I about two and a half years old. My foster Mommy estimated my birthday to be on May 4, 2017. I was about 15 weeks old when I first came to OPH and I was adopted out. Unfortunately, after about two years, my family could no longer keep me, so my foster Momma took me back to help me find a new home.
I was named after an outlaw because my foster Momma says that I am sure to STEAL your heart! She loves how when she's petting me, I push my forehead up against her tummy. I am slowly learning that I am safe here, but my foster Mom said it's okay that I can take however long I need.
So far my foster mommy has observed:
- I'm a bit frightened, but I really want someone to love on me.
- I like smelly treats, and it helps me make new friends faster.
- I would likely do better in a home with females, as males scare me when they approach. If they sit down, I will visit them for scritches.
- In my previous home, I lived with a cat who I learned to co-exist with. My foster Momma said she can cat test me once I'm more comfortable here.
- Fast movements scare me, so a home with no small kids would be best for me.
If you would like to learn more about Annie, or you are hoping to give her love, patience and the home that she deserves. Please apply to adopt her today!
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.