Hi there! My name is Chloie and I’m a 4yo Shepherd mix who is about 57lbs. I’d love to come home with you so here’s some things to know about me:
* I’m a loving and loyal dog - I’ll be your companion for life.
* I LOVE to go for rides in the car.
* I’m house and crate trained, but an airline crate (zip tied together) is best as I can get nervous when in a new place.
* Since I can be reactive on a leash and can bark for a bit when stressed, living in an apartment or urban area is not recommended for me.
* I’m good with most people and other dogs as long as we do a SLOW introduction and I’m allowed to set the pace.
* I would do best in a quiet home without a lot of people coming and going.
* I love playing in the water at the nearby lake!
* I love going for walks and hikes, but because I have an old injury to my back paw, asphalt walks aren’t the best for me.
* I can be reactive when meeting new people and dogs. My foster mom has been muzzle training me and, while it’s not my favorite thing, I am tolerating it.
* I’m a whiz at the commands I know and would love to know more!
* I take treats gently.
* If you have another dog, I’d do best if it was submissive. I can get a bit possessive over food, so feeding me in my crate is best.
* I love to play with toys - chasing the ball is SO much fun!
* I will need a person who is dog experienced. Someone who will help me build my confidence and possible work with a trainer to help me be a better dog.
* I have a guardian angel that thinks I am very special and has sponsored me.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.