Hi, my name is Sandshrew but my humans call me Koda! I'm a super handsome one year old retriever mix. I was living as a stray dog in South Carolina before I was rescued, so understandably, I'm a little nervous around people I don't know yet. My foster mom made a video so you can see what I'm like after I've gotten comfortable in a home! Click here to watch!
Here is some more information about me:
- My foster mom sometimes calls me her shadow - she says if you're looking for a buddy who wants to be by your side at all times, then I'm your guy!
- I love to play - my favorite thing is to wrestle my foster sister and play chase in the yard. I’m very dog-friendly and I don’t seem to have any aggression with toys or food. I would do well in a home with other dogs, or I'd be a great dog park dog.
- I’m housebroken in my foster home!
- I have the most beautiful, shiny black coat that my humans can't seem to stop petting.
- I'm crate trained - I run in there when it's time for me to eat or sleep!
- I am super smart, know my basic commands and am motivated to learn more.
I’m a young happy guy with lots of love to give and I can't wait to find my forever home.