Hi! I’m Bernadette AKA Bella.
My preferred adoptive family would be in a single family home, with a fenced yard that I can play in and get some great smells to satiate my curiosity. Being able to run and play in a yard will make be a happy girl. I am still settling into be my best self and would be more comfortable in a home without children under 12 - they can be so fun and sometime unpredictable and fast moving which makes me uncomfortable. A quiet neighborhood to walk with my owner would be perfect - I am not a fan of running into a lot of dogs and people when I am enjoying the great outdoors.
- Beagle/English Setter mix
- 5 years old
- 46 lbs
- crate trained
- knows, sit, come, stay, stop, lay down, roll over, bye bye (for car ride), walk, stand up
- can be dog selective and when she picks a dog she likes, she can play with them and build a relationship. She can become over excited and jumpy so it is best for her to choose friends that like her play style.
- seeks out a lot of attention and desires a good deal of human contact
- does well with baths and teeth brushing
- loves car rides
- loves walks through the woods
- vacuums frighten her
All adult dogs, cats, and kittens are altered prior to adoption. Puppies too young to be altered at the time of adoption must be brought to our partner vet in Davidsonville, MD for spay or neuter paid for by Operation Paws for Homes by 6 months of age. Adopters may choose to have the procedure done at their own vet before 6 months of age and be reimbursed the amount that the rescue would pay our partner vet in Davidsonville.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.