Fresno is an adorable little boy, about 1 yr old and 11 pounds, and appear to be a Chihuahua mix with perhaps a Pomeranian. He is an active little guy with a lot of energy. He is learning that a stable home gives him confidence and he is slowly settling down. He is a true lover and will be an amazing dog with time in his new family.
more about Fresno:
- he would do best in a home with a fenced yard, lots of walks, no small kids as he is very active and might be too jumpy for them. He could do well with other dogs and would love to get your attention. If there is another dog in the home they would need to be ready for a high energy buddy and be able to negotiate a good balance.
- he is potty and crate trained
- he is learning to walk on a leash - this will be a great way for him to expend some energy
- he likes people and dogs and is energetic in his greetings. He will sometimes jump on people, and almost always jump on dogs - that seems to be a little dog thing.
- he is learning some commands and has mastered sit. He listens when his foster mom tells him No and is learning the boundaries in his foster home. He likes to take shoes and move them around the house - not chewing but misplacing. Keep everyone on their toes.
- he barks at some people and dogs but doesn't bark at home
- he is pretty fearless - everyone is his friend
- he has not met cats, but he is very active and likes to play so might be overly interested in cats and scare them.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.