Fresno is an adorable little boy, about 1 yr old and 11 pounds, and appear to be a Chihuahua mix with perhaps a Pomeranian. He is a active little guy with a lot energy. He is learning that a stable home gives him confidence and he is slowly settling down. He is a true lover, and will be an amazing dog with time in his new family.
more about Fresno:
- he is working on potty training and in his new home he will likely backslide a bit and will need a family willing to be diligent and consistent to help him understand the rules and boundaries.
- he would do best in a home with a fenced yard, lots of walks, no small kids as he is very active and might be too jumpy for them. He could do well as an only dog, and would love all the attention. If there is another dog in the home they would need to be ready for a high energy buddy and be able to negotiate a good balance.
- he is crate trained
- he is learning to walk on a leash - this will be a great way for him to expend some energy
- he likes people and dogs and is energetic in his greetings. He will sometimes jump on people, and almost always jump on dogs - that seems to be a little dog thing.
- he is learning some commands and has mastered sit. He listens when his foster mom tells him No and is learning the boundaries in his foster home. He likes to take shoes and move them around the house - not chewing, but misplacing. Keep everyone on their toes.
- he barks at some people and dogs but doesn't bark at home
- he is pretty fearless - everyone is his friend
- he has not met cats, but his is very active and likes to play so might be overly interested in cats and scare them.
• What is the best quality of your foster? He is very friendly and try to play with my dogs but they ended up fighting with him. He needs some love and he will be the best dog anybody could wish for.
• What does your foster need to work on the most? Reduce his activity, and potty training.
• What kind of home do you think would be best for your foster? Single individual without kids or any other animals. They need to have a fenced yard for him to play because he is an active dog.