Hi! My name is Aladdin AKA Scooby. I love being part of a family and I'm sweet to all of my pack. My foster family thinks whoever adopts me will be lucky. I'm about a year old, weigh about 56 lbs and am listed as a Lab/Boxer mix.
Some fun facts about me that they feel you should know:
- I'm housebroken. I know where to go and how to tell you when I need to go.
- I'm quiet in and know to keep my crate nice and tidy. I go right in my crate when you have a treat to entice me.
- I know commands and love to train. I know sit, wait, down, hup up, jump on, quiet, off, touch, and I can shake with either paw. I'm up for whatever you want to teach me!
- I'm good with other dogs and like to chase and wrestle with them, I prefer dogs my size, but any playful dog will do
- l like to play tug and will bring a tug toy to my human or dog friends and hold it politely for them to take it
- I'm a sweet boy who loves evening cuddles
- Did someone say treat? I LOVE treats. What does that mean for us? It means I am super motivated and will work really hard to win your approval and learn things so I can get more treats.
- If I get too excited, a quick trip to my crate helps me reset and be calm again.
See me in action here:
I would do best with someone who will set boundaries for me and who will continue my training on the leash. I just get so excited when I see a squirrel or another dog to be friends with! My foster mom says I'm wicked smart, and a great pup. I just need someone to remind me what to do when I get too excited. I'm easily redirected, I just need a strong human to help me.
Also, I'm neutered, microchipped and up to date on my vaccinations and monthly preventatives, what more could you ask for in a new friend? Apply to adopt me today and I'll be your best friend for life.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.