I'm Megara, Bailey to my close friends! I'm about 3 years old, 67 pounds, and I appear to be a Lab mix.
Here's some things to know about me:
* I'm great with other the other dogs and cats in my current foster home - in fact, I haven't met a dog yet that I didn't like!
* I know sit and sit pretty.
* I will need some training as I'm a big puppy still and get excited and jump on people and pull a bit on a leash.
* I am food motivated and should be easy to train!
* I love my toys and bones.
* I'm a big love - my previous foster mom says there's not a mean bone in my body.
* I love to go for car rides and lay nicely in the backseat.
* I'm having heartworm treatment on June 24th, so I'll be ready for my new family around July 9th.
This dog tested positive for heartworm disease before arriving to the rescue. Heartworm disease is transmitted to a dog through a bite from an infected mosquito producing a positive test in six months. OPH will treat the dog and provide two weeks of recovery time prior to adoption. Potential adopters will receive detailed information on the disease and their role in completing the recovery process from OPH’s heartworm coordinator. With monthly preventatives, the disease is completely preventable.
Read more about heartworm disease here here