My name is Madge. I’m likely a Bluetick Coonhound mix who weighs 65 lbs. and am guessed to be about 5 years old. After spending some time with my foster parents, they say they’ve discovered my true personality. I’m a sweet girl who loves to be outside sniffing and keeping an eye out for critters. I also love exploring the neighborhood on walks and meeting new people. I like playing with my stuffed animals and chewing on a Kong or bone. When I get tired, I nap in my crate or curl up next to my people on the couch.
Being scent-driven, I must have a fenced yard to keep me safe. Apartments, condos and a very urban setting are not a fit for me.
Click here to see me in action!
In my foster home, I am...
- housebroken and crate trained
- good with other dogs (but more concerned about sniffing than playing; fetching a ball is also not my thing)
- good with children (over 8 years old because of my size)
- walk well with an easy-walk harness. (You should know I’m a strong girl who can pull when I catch a good scent, although my foster mom doesn’t have any trouble walking me.)
- know sit and am working on other commands
- My interest in cats is yet to be determined, but I'd be happy to meet them.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.