Charitable is every bit of his name - he is a giver, and a fabulous dog. He is about two years old, and bit of 31 lbs. - maybe closer to 35. He is a stocky little guy, with a short stature and the most stunning, mournful eyes that seem to capture his soul. He could be part lab, part shepherd - and the is 100% handsome. He is very playful and sweet, and would prefer a home with older kids and dogs closer to is size.
More about this great guy:
- He is fine in a crate, yet he has to fuss on the way in and needs to be guided at times.
- He is not much of a barker, but on occasion something will get him going and he runs with it and needs to be told to shush
- He is fostered with several dogs of all sizes, and holds his own with the big dogs. Perhaps due to his short stature he sometimes gives them a vocal cue to let them know he is a big guy too. He is much happier with dogs his size and smaller - they are his pals. His default is to be a bit bossy, so a more submissive pal might be a best fit for this little guy.
- he has not been cat tested, but we suspect he might want to chase them.
- he has been around kids that are 4-6 yrs old and kept his distance, so we are thinking he might enjoy bigger kids and adults better.
- he is working on his housetraining, and there is progress every day but he is not all the way there yet. He is a boy, and comes by his urge to mark in new surroundings honestly. His foster uses belly bands in new places for him, and this seems to help his get acclimatized.
- he has great house and yard manners - no chewing or digging or misbehaving at all.
- he is very calm in his foster home and can ramp up his energy when he gets outside to play with his foster pals. He really enjoys the outdoors and bounding around.
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.