Hello, my name is Miss Cricket. I am an adorable 4 year old Lab mix, weighing about 50 lbs.
Here are some things to know about me. My foster family will update this list as they learn more about me:
* I love people and will roll over in a split second for belly rubs!
* I'm good in my crate, but I need some encouragement to go in.
* I'm a very happy girl. My tail is always wagging and I love giving kisses.
* The shelter reports that I love other dogs. So far, I haven't interacted with the other dogs in my foster home, but I'm not growling or barking at them through my crate. I'm told I'll be meeting them, one at at time, in the next few days.
* I am mostly house trained. Please be patient with me as I learn my new routine and home.
This dog tested positive for heartworm disease before arriving to the rescue. Heartworm disease is transmitted to a dog through a bite from an infected mosquito producing a positive test in six months. OPH will treat the dog and provide two weeks of recovery time prior to adoption. Potential adopters will receive detailed information on the disease and their role in completing the recovery process from OPH’s heartworm coordinator. With monthly preventatives, the disease is completely preventable.
Read more about heartworm disease here here
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.