Hi! My name is Tucana, and I am the sweetest, most loving dog to all humans. I even get excited when one walks by!! I am a bit shy at first but then I warm up and like to snuggle. I am about one year old, and weigh in around 50 lbs. Here's more notes about me from my foster:
- Tucana is easy going, relaxed and loves her day time naps. For a one year old, she is extremely mellow but not boring!! She is all about giving new people warm welcomes with tail wags and kisses
- Tucana has had 0 accidents in the house!! It appears she goes to the door when she needs to use the bathroom.
- Enjoys water! We have a stream our backyard that she cools herself off in after a long walk. It's fun to see.
- She does not try to run away when off leash (on walks in the woods and at parks with friends)
- Does great in cars
- Does not know her name. She would need to be trained to sit but she knows when to come and what "no" means
- Tolerates baths, doesn't love them
- Tucana tolerates dogs, but is not the playful type as far as we have seen. I think after building trust with a dog, she will warm up to them. Initial greetings seem to cause her stress, but she handles herself well
- The only behavior issue I've run into is that she chews through leashes lightning fast. We tied her up at a park and she chewed through it in no time.
- Not extremely food motivated, but eats her dry food and like human proteins (chicken and steak so far)
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.