My name is Chara and I’m a Chihuahua/ Spaniel mix and about 2.5 years old. I’m a very sweet and silky girl and I currently weigh about 20 lbs.
I'm cautious in new surrounding and around new dogs, but make friends soon after meeting. My foster mommy's dogs came and said Hi, and I hid initially, but now we are all pals. I love people so much, especially if they let me sit in their lap and snuggle and kiss them. I always sit politely for treats.
I have beautiful smooth and silky hair. My foster mommy gave me a bath and now I feel great. My foster mommy has a big fenced yard that I enjoy exploring. I like to play fetch but if you give me a toy or a bone, I can amuse myself too. When I first came, I used to bark at my foster mommy to give me treats or some of her food, but I quickly learned I don't always get my way. I am a quick study, and have learned if I come inside when mom calls, I get a treat. I'm always the first one inside ;-) . My foster mommy says I'm very smart and easily trained.
Being left at a shelter was scary. I am still learning not to be afraid and bark when my foster mommy leaves the home. Having a comfy crate, treats, and other dogs around me is comforting and helping me learn to be more confident.
Here are some other facts about me:
- I am crate and house trained. Ive not had any accidents 🙌
- I need a 36 inch wire crate. I will sing in my crate, so best suited for a single family home as opposed to apartment/condo or townhome.
- social: I do better with another dog in home or someone who is retired or works from home, because I have separation anxiety and bark when foster mommy leaves.
- shy initially, but I warm up to other relaxed dogs with time.
- I know sit and come when I am called. I'm eager to learn more!
**** I'm looking for: home with other dog or someone who is home. I would like to live in a house, bc I like to talk, and apartment neighbors may not like that 😚. *****
If you're looking for a gorgeous little girl with a big heart, fill out an application quickly! Beauties like me get snapped up.
Watch videos of me here
This dog's bio is based off the experiences of the foster and/or volunteers of OPH as well as any information that we received from the shelter or previous owner. This is very important because it means that while they may act one way in the foster’s home, you may experience something different in your home.